Macro is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace and protecting the environment and firmly believes the responsibility for the application of this policy rests with all management, employees and contractors associated with the organization.
To fulfill this commitment, Macro will:
- Give health, safety and environmental considerations equal status in business objectives and integrate these standards into all aspects of their work
- Work actively and continuously to improve health, safety and environmental performance
- Only start work after confirming that essential health, safety and environmental protection systems are in place and willingly suspend activities if these standards will be compromised
- Encourage personnel to take responsible for identification, mitigation and elimination of hazards in order to prevent injury to themselves or others and avoid adverse environmental impact
- Provide personnel with sufficient training, education, awareness, resources and systems to be successful in day-to-day operations
- Ensure all facilities and equipment are properly maintained by continuing to adhere to the Macro Preventative Maintenance Program
- Actively monitor all processes to improve practices for the continued enhancement of the Macro EH&S program
- Ensure compliance with applicable provincial OH&S regulations (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario)
- Hold supervisors accountable for ensuring a safe and healthy workplace and for environmental protection within their areas of responsibility
Macro only hires subcontractors, vendors and suppliers who have similar EH&S goals and commitments and who meet or exceed Macro’s EH&S standards. Macro pre-qualifies all subcontractors, vendors and suppliers prior to commencing work by reviewing each company’s safety programs, TRIF rating, COR and SECOR experience ratings, clearance letter, and insurance in order to determine their level of risk - low, medium or high. This process prepares Macro and their clients for successful projects.